SŁUCHANIE 2 EN [#13]
#11 ( EN_L2_045 )
#12 ( EN_L2_046 )
#14 ( EN_L2_048 )
#15 ( EN_L2_049 )
#16 ( EN_L2_MOD )
#29 ( EN_L2_050 )
Listen and choose the best answer a), b) or c). You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task One.
1. Nelson joined the Navy because he …
a) dreamt of becoming a sailor
b) wanted to be like his father
c) had to support his family
2. Nelson was promoted to captain although he …
a) disobeyed orders given by his commander
b) lost the battle against the Spanish
c) refused to take a risk during the Battle of the Nile
3. During the Battle of Copenhagen, Admiral Parker …
a) forgot to send a signal to Nelson
b) ordered Nelson to stop the attack
c) decided to use Nelson’s strategy
4. As a commander, Nelson …
a) shared his strategy with the whole crew
b) informed only officers about his strategy
c) kept his strategy secret till the last moment
5. After Nelson’s arm was amputated, he wanted to …
a) have a job in the headquarters
b) retire from the Royal Navy
c) continue his service on ships
6. Nelson won the Battle of Trafalgar because of …
a) skills of the navy officers
b) the size of the British fleet
c) the experience of the sailors
7. Nelson’s relationship with Mrs Hamilton was controversial because …
a) she was much younger than him
b) she became pregnant by him
c) she was married to someone else
Listen and complete the notes by putting short phrases into the gaps. There will now be a pause of 40 seconds for you to look through the notes.
8. The idea for the Invictus Games comes from (who?) …
9. The third Invictus Games were organized in (where?) ...
10. The Polish MoD prefers disciplines which don’t need …
11. The application form must be sent to both the MoD and …
12. The number of reserves going to Sydney is …
13. The Polish MoD will pay for the families' tickets and …
Listen and circle T for true or F for false. You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task Three.
14. In 1970, the F-106 was a new aircraft.
15. The pilots had all trained frequently together.
16. The pilots kept the planes’ speed below the speed of sound.
17. Lt Foust’s plane went into a ‘flat spin’
18. The force of the pilot's ejection made the plane fly in a straight line.
19. The plane finally stopped in a farmer's field.
20. The plane was seriously damaged in the incident.